[cmake-developers] $LIST_LENGTH{} syntax (was: Support for list length expression in if()-command?)

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Tue Jan 22 10:57:07 EST 2019

I like some syntax that looks like $LEN{}.

I would love to keep the $...{ syntax open for future exentsion such
as easy target property set/get ( $[prop_name]{target} ) . This seems
to be okay as $ENV, and $CACHE only work on variables, so therefore
adding $LEN that also only works on variables seems reasonable.