[cmake-developers] KWSys build warnings on the "merlin" platform

Alan W. Irwin Alan.W.Irwin1234 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:37:09 EDT 2018

On 2018-10-23 21:20+0200 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

[...]
> [These segfaults are] intentional, there are test binaries that segfault to test if that is
> properly detected by the signal handler/debug/ctest/whatever code.

OK, and thanks for that info.

I have therefore changed the subject line appropriately.

>> I don't notice any other platform on KWSys dashboard that also has the
>> 8 build warnings, but it is likely my fairly recent gcc compiler
>> (Debian Buster ccache and gcc/g++ 8.2.0) is more sensitive to
>> problematic code in KWSys than prior versions of the gcc compiler
>> suite.
>
> I run gcc 8.2 on castor, but I don't know why this does not trigger these
> warnings.

It's possible it is the gcc/g++ flags I am using, but in any case
someone knowledgeable should look at those build warnings which
repeatedly show up on the "merlin" report for the the KWSys dashboard
to see if there is anything obvious that can be done to deal with the
source code issues that gcc/g++ has discovered for my Debian Buster
platform.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin