[cmake-developers] Python bindings for CTest

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 19 12:33:34 EDT 2018

On 10/19/2018 11:16 AM, Jonathan R. Madsen wrote:
> I just include header files and link to y'all's library like one
> does with any other API.

As a matter of policy we do not offer any stable API, SDK, headers,
or libraries to be linked for exposing CMake internals.  Any external
package that tries to do this must take responsibility for updating
as we make internal changes.

The syntax of CTestTestfile.cmake files is much more stable.

If your goal is to submit to CDash, one could generate the .xml
files directly from python and not need CTest at all.