[cmake-developers] Non-failing BuildDepends has make errors

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Mar 8 09:08:30 EST 2018

On 03/08/2018 03:16 AM, Craig Scott wrote:
> The test is passing, but it ends with a build failure trying to build

Currently `cmGlobalGenerator::Build` doesn't check the return
code from the "make clean" step and just moves on to "make".
It fails only if there is a problem launching the build tool.
I'm not sure whether this is preferred or should be changed.
Theoretically "make clean" should never fail except in the
presence of bugs like that below.

> a "clean" target that doesn't exist in the Makefile2 file

That's a bug triggered when there are no targets.  See fix:

  https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/1833

Thanks,
-Brad