[cmake-developers] CMake Green Hills MULTI build configuration support

frodak frodak17 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 23:19:16 EDT 2018

I've worked on this in the past but never finalized anything.
It's all in the
https://gitlab.kitware.com/frodak17/cmake/commits/ghs_project.
This contains several different items I was working on at the time.

I took a quick look at what you are working on.
The only real issue that I see is that build configurations that are chosen
are not compatible with existing Integrity installations.
For instance in Integrity IOT for ApolloLake BSPs you must use the build
configurations as provided by the BSP.
If you don't then you'll have to recreate them line by line in you CMAKE
files.

The other problem is that build configurations will clash with the already
existing compile parameters that are defined in the CMake output.
In the build configurations that I've used they setup where libraries and
objects files should be located along with all the proper compiler settings.
But the output of the CMake defines these file by file.  The two methods
are not compatible.

Honestly, I had recently been thinking on working on this again.  But
instead of trying to fight the already existing GHS generator that looks
like a Makefile output, I was going to create a new GHS generator for Multi
7 that supported all three versions of Integrity that I use along with the
various compilers and IDEs.

Best regards,
Fred Baksik