[cmake-developers] cmake on AIX

REIX, Tony tony.reix at atos.net
Fri Jun 8 11:56:50 EDT 2018

Hi,

We'd like to know if cmake has already been ported on AIX.

We have tried to port it on AIX, and tests are neary OK:
  3.11.1 : 98% tests passed, 8 tests failed out of 462
  3.9.1 : 96% tests passed, 19 tests failed out of 441

However, when using it for building MariaDB 10.3.1 on AIX, we have hangs or: -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred! or an error talking about rtld.

And, if we use older cmake 3.2.3, we have other issues... and MariaDB requires cmake >= 3.7 .

Version 3.11.1 :
 # /opt/freeware/bin/cmake
Could not load program /opt/freeware/bin/cmake:
rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _ZTINSt6thread6_StateE was referenced
      from module cmake(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.
rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _ZNSt6thread4joinEv was referenced
      from module cmake(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.
rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _ZNSt18condition_variableD1Ev was referenced
      from module cmake(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.
rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _ZNSt18condition_variableC1Ev was referenced
      from module cmake(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.
rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _ZNSt18condition_variable4waitERSt11unique_lockISt5mutexE was referenced
      from module cmake(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.
rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _ZNSt18condition_variable10notify_oneEv was referenced
      from module cmake(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.
rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _ZNSt18condition_variable10notify_allEv was referenced
      from module cmake(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.
rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _ZNSt6thread6_StateD2Ev was referenced
      from module cmake(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.
rtld: 0712-001 Symbol _ZNSt6thread15_M_start_threadESt10unique_ptrINS_6_StateESt14default_deleteIS1_EEPFvvE was referenced
      from module cmake(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.

Thx/Regards

Cordialement,

Tony Reix

ATOS / Bull SAS
ATOS Expert
IBM Coop Architect & Technical Leader
Office : +33 (0) 4 76 29 72 67
1 rue de Provence - 38432 Échirolles - France
www.atos.net<http://www.atos.net/>