[cmake-developers] Qt 6 buildsystem support requirements

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 14:30:48 EDT 2018

Hi,

Here's an email thread from the Qt's Development mailing list, that you
might find interesting:
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2018-July/033100.html

>From my point if view it would be so awesome if Qt6 would use CMake.

CopperSpice <http://www.copperspice.com/>, the famous Qt4 fork, is using
CMake, so that's like a precedent.

KDE Project is using CMake, and for the last years they have pushed code
into Qt. I think it would make their contributions easier if Qt would also
use CMake.

Boost announced that they will be using CMake, no idea how that progresses.

Having CMake used by these major C++ libraries would be good for the C++
community.

Tobias Hunger from The Qt Company has been hacking on the CMake server
parts, so it's not like there is nobody from The Qt Company familiar with
CMake code.

Cheers,
Cristian.