[cmake-developers] ctest - how to reset default regex error list

Michal Wozniak michal.wozniak at caboma.com
Wed Jul 18 15:26:57 EDT 2018

Hi,

My tests are failing since they are detecting the  "ERROR:"  I thought by using CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_MATCH, I would be able to reset the default list of errors and even use my own list.

eg :

set(CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_MATCH "")

or

set(CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_MATCH

   "error0"

   "error1"

)

It seems that the defaults list is appending the custom_error_match to another list "cmCTestErrorMatches" already created.

Cmake default logic if I understand correctly :

  1.   create cmCTestErrorMatches with default values
  2.  Append values from CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_MATCH to CustomErrorMatches
  3.  Append values from cmCTestErrorMatches list to CustomErrorMatches list

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Source/CTest/cmCTestBuildHandler.cxx#L23

Source/CTest/cmCTestBuildHandler.cxx · master · CMake / CMake<https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Source/CTest/cmCTestBuildHandler.cxx#L23>
gitlab.kitware.com
[CMake](https://cmake.org), the cross-platform, open-source build system.

I have asked a much simpler question in the user mailing but since looking at the "cmCTestBuildHandler<https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Source/CTest/cmCTestBuildHandler.cxx#L23>.cxx", I thought it would be more suitable here.

Is there a way to have a completely new error regex list?

thanks

Michal