[cmake-developers] Regenerating yacc/lex files

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jul 6 11:17:15 EDT 2018

On 07/06/2018 10:49 AM, Devin Nakamura wrote:
> I was wondering why the option to regenerate the lexer/parser sources
> was removed. I tracked it down to this pull request which deals with
> clang tidy warnings in the code
> (https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/775). I was
> wondering if there was a reason behind the removal of the option / if
> anyone would object if it was added back in.

It was removed by commit 8927e913f780fa62c540063b8a5cfe0dcbfdd288
to simplify refactoring and moving of files into Source/LexerParser.

It's been replaced by two scripts:

    Utilities/Scripts/regenerate-lexers.bash
    Utilities/Scripts/regenerate-parsers.bash

These can be run by hand after modifying the lexer or parser inputs.