[cmake-developers] Slowdown of nightly builds

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Wed Dec 12 07:15:37 EST 2018

I noticed that for a few weeks the builds on my machines now take much longer
to complete, without any particular change in my setup. This affects 2
different machines, which makes me even more think it's a change in the test
suite.

Is that something that is expected or is just someone using bootstrapping as a
testbed for ExternalProject_Add with 5 runs in parallel? I don't mind if it's
something really needed, but if it is just burning cycles than I would like to
cut that down to the level before.

Today my gcc7 build took 45 minutes test time while it took only 28 minutes
before. The change in the dashboard can be seen on the dashboard between
2018-11-09 and 2018-11-10. There was no update in the system CMake version on
that day either.

Any ideas? By the way: >3 minutes of configure time for CMake looks also quite
excessive to me, but that has been the way before, too.

Eike