[cmake-developers] CMP0071

Sebastian Holtermann seblist at xwmw.org
Tue Sep 26 11:07:31 EDT 2017

> I updated and I'm getting this:
>
> CMake Warning (dev) in claro/navigation5/CMakeLists.txt:
> Policy CMP0071 is not set: Let AUTOMOC and AUTOUIC process GENERATED files.
> Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0071" for policy details. Use the cmake_policy
> command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
>
> AUTOMOC: Ignoring GENERATED header file(s):
>
> "/path/to/ui_SomeFile.h"
> "/path/to/qrc_AnotherFile.cpp"
>

> Those ui_* and qrc_* files do not require processing by moc.
> In this case, I was using qt5_wrap_ui() and qt5_add_resources().
>
> I did an experiment and replaced qt5_wrap_ui() with autouic, and the warning
> went away for those ui_* files.
>
> Is there a way to not print out that policy warning on ui_* and qrc_* files
> when using qt5_wrap_ui()/qt5_add_resources()? These are the only file types
> for which I'm getting that warning.

You can set the source file property SKIP_AUTOMOC on the GENERATED files.
See: https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.9/prop_sf/SKIP_AUTOMOC.html
See: https://cmake.org/cmake/help/git-master/policy/CMP0071.html

For example like this
```
set_property(SOURCE /path/to/ui_SomeFile.h PROPERTY SKIP_AUTOMOC ON)
set_property(SOURCE /path/to/qrc_AnotherFile.cpp PROPERTY SKIP_AUTOMOC ON)
```

-Sebastian