[cmake-developers] CMP0071

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Sep 26 09:32:08 EDT 2017

I updated and I'm getting this:

CMake Warning (dev) in claro/navigation5/CMakeLists.txt:
Policy CMP0071 is not set: Let AUTOMOC and AUTOUIC process GENERATED files.
Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0071" for policy details. Use the cmake_policy
command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

AUTOMOC: Ignoring GENERATED header file(s):

"/path/to/ui_SomeFile.h"
"/path/to/qrc_AnotherFile.cpp"

Those ui_* and qrc_* files do not require processing by moc.
In this case, I was using qt5_wrap_ui() and qt5_add_resources().

I did an experiment and replaced qt5_wrap_ui() with autouic, and the warning went away for those ui_* files.

Is there a way to not print out that policy warning on ui_* and qrc_* files when using qt5_wrap_ui()/qt5_add_resources()?
These are the only file types for which I'm getting that warning.

I think the related issue is here:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/16186

Thanks,
Clint