[cmake-developers] PLplot contract test

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Oct 30 12:54:29 EDT 2017

Hi Brad:

If you look at
<https://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlypassed&buildid=5122233> it
superficially appears that some of the tests (e.g., BootstrapTest) are timing out. But if
you look deeper, the output from the test is being truncated because
it is over the rather small 1024 default limit.

I have checked the aaargh.kitware.com dashboard, and the BootstrapTest
results for that case do not show this issue, i.e., they are quite
large and clearly beyond the 1024 default limit so I suspect what has
occurred for aaargh.kitware.com is this problem has been corrected on
an individual basis.

Could I do that for the raven results by, e.g.,

set(CTEST_CUSTOM_MAXIMUM_PASSED_TEST_OUTPUT_SIZE 10240)
set(CTEST_CUSTOM_MAXIMUM_FAILED_TEST_OUTPUT_SIZE 10240)

in my my_dashboard.cmake file or is the fix for this truncation issue
more complex than that?

In any case I suggest it would be better for you to implement
the fix for this issue in cmake_common.cmake so those who submit CMake
dashboards don't have to fix this issue individually.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin