[cmake-developers] PLplot contract test

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Oct 26 08:36:58 EDT 2017

On 10/25/2017 03:43 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> In any case, my dashboard submission is working now using
>
> ctest -S ~/cmake/Dashboards/Scripts/CMakeScripts/my_dashboard.cmake -VV

Great!

> See the raven-without-fixed-IP

The `-without-fixed-IP` suffix has no meaning to readers on CDash.

> perfect other than one CMake configure warning due to a minor system
> issue (misspelled COPYONLY as COPY_ONLY) with Debian Jessie Qt5 which

We cannot let that warning persist on the dashboard because it may
distract from other real warnings that show up.  You could try dropping
`BUILD_QtDialog:BOOL=1` to avoid it.  You won't need cmake-gui built
to test PLplot, and we have plenty of other builders that cover it.

Once an experimental submission is clean, please switch the model to
Nightly and schedule a cron job to run it sometime after 1:15am UTC.

> So what is the next step toward the goal of adding a test consisting
> of a build of PLplot?

We need to add a contract test to CMake's source so that one of the
tests that your nightly build runs is an entire build of PLplot.
What is your official Git repository URL?