[cmake-developers] Need more information concerning the Trilinos test of CMake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Oct 25 07:03:42 EDT 2017

On 10/24/2017 05:47 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> Since I essentially never get CMake build errors when building
> CMake by hand using the bootstrap method, I assume these build
> errors are due to some issue with how I set up my_dashboard.cmake.

The difference is that the script is testing the nightly stage of
in-flight topics that have not yet landed in `master`.  You just
happened to run this for the first time on one of the occasional
nights that compiler errors were introduced.

> set(CTEST_SITE "raven home computer")

Please use a name with no spaces.

> Also, as you can see above I did not specify
> CTEST_BUILD_CONFIGURATION, but unlike normal builds it appears for
> this script that the Debug configuration is the default.  How do I
> turn that off?

What configuration do you want to build?  Just

  set(CTEST_BUILD_CONFIGURATION Release)

will build the Release config.