[cmake-developers] VS Project Settings User Defines

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 10:41:03 EDT 2017

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to add user defined XML entries
to the project config section of a visual studio file.  From what I can see
it's not, but maybe someone here know of a code path I haven't come across.

Specifically, I'm trying to add these tags:

<CodeAnalysisRuleSet>..\..\add-in.ruleset</CodeAnalysisRuleSet>
    <RunCodeAnalysis>true</RunCodeAnalysis>

These are added on a per-config basis.  From what I can see, per-config
tags are added via Flag arguments, which are hard coded into the source.
Basically, I need to get some data into the FlagMap written by

void cmVisualStudioGeneratorOptions::OutputFlagMap(std::ostream& fout,
                                                   const char* indent)

The tags written in its calling function
(cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator::WriteMSToolConfigurationValuesManaged)
are also hard coded, so I believe this is the only place possible for
dynamically generating tags.

Any ideas?

thanks!
wes