[cmake-developers] [CMake] CPack install 3rd party shared libraries

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 10:42:58 EDT 2017

Very nice example. Does CMake have a place to put examples like VTK
does...? If so, where is it? And if not, it would be super useful to
start one somewhere "official."

However, one word of caution on the example. I know it was targeted at
Linux, and perhaps for a very simple case it's proper, but using an
unconditional "local" for everything in a
gp_resolved_file_type_override would not be something you'd want to do
in general, especially on Windows. You would end up with probably on
the order of a hundred (or maybe nowadays even a few hundred) DLLs
from the Windows system directories inside your bundle. Almost
certainly not what you intended.

Cheers,
David C.