[cmake-developers] AUTOGEN per-config sources

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 17 10:20:41 EDT 2017

On 07/15/2017 08:37 PM, comic fans wrote:
> recent commits shows that QtAutogen is moving to create suffixed files
> and folders for different config, but with this commit,
> my generator test failed on Qt5Autogen as following:
>
> Target "rccDepends" has source files which vary by configuration.  This is
>  not supported by the "Fastbuild" generator.
>
>  Config "Debug":
>
>    /working/CMake/Tests/QtAutogen/rccDepends/main.cpp
>    /working/CMake/fastbuild/Tests/Qt5Autogen/rccDepends/res1.qrc
>    /working/CMake/fastbuild/Tests/Qt5Autogen/rccDepends/res2.qrc
>    /working/CMake/fastbuild/Tests/Qt5Autogen/rccDepends/rccDepends_autogen/EJRQKI7XPS/qrc_res1_Debug.cpp
>    /working/CMake/fastbuild/Tests/Qt5Autogen/rccDepends/rccDepends_autogen/EJRQKI7XPS/qrc_res2_Debug.cpp
>
>  Config "Release":
>
>    /working/CMake/Tests/QtAutogen/rccDepends/main.cpp
>    /working/CMake/fastbuild/Tests/Qt5Autogen/rccDepends/res1.qrc
>    /working/CMake/fastbuild/Tests/Qt5Autogen/rccDepends/res2.qrc
>    /working/CMake/fastbuild/Tests/Qt5Autogen/rccDepends/rccDepends_autogen/EJRQKI7XPS/qrc_res1_Release.cpp
>    /working/CMake/fastbuild/Tests/Qt5Autogen/rccDepends/rccDepends_autogen/EJRQKI7XPS/qrc_res2_Release.cpp
>
> How should I make my generator compatible with this ? or this feature
> didn't complete ,I should wait it complete ?

The goal for Qt AUTOGEN features is to have the generated files use
per-config locations in multi-config generators.  However, our
multi-config generators don't all fully support per-config sources yet.
Your new generator should do so if possible. See GetAllConfigSources
in cmGeneratorTarget.

Sebastian, FYI comic fans is working on a new multi-config generator.