[cmake-developers] There's several issues with NDK support in CMake 3.9.0

Robert Dailey rcdailey.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 18:55:25 EDT 2017

So I'm working with DanAlbert over on the NDK github project regarding
some issues I've hit with NDK r15b using CMake 3.9.0-rc5. He's already
identified one bug that I can help fix located in
`Modules/Platform/Android/ndk-stl-c++.cmake` related to platform
support. He also mentions something a bit more serious regarding
libandroid_support, which CMake isn't linking to. He recommended using
their pre-packaged toolchain file that comes with the NDK itself.
There's a couple more issues, I recommend heading over to the issue
page and read up on the discussion there:

https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/452

I'm stuck a bit in the middle here. I'm willing to help make changes
and help with testing on the CMake side, but I'm not very
knowledgeable on these things (compiler behavior, and CMake
integration with NDK). What I'm hoping is that you guys can help pitch
in on the discussion over on the NDK github page via the link above.
I'll try to learn from the discussions there and contribute one or
more merge requests to implement fixes.

All of these issues cropped up from my specific usage of CMake with
the NDK, so I'm in a really good position to be able to contribute
fixes and test solutions. Just let me know how I can help.