[cmake-developers] Debugger for CMake

Adam Rankin arankin at robarts.ca
Mon Jan 30 11:22:43 EST 2017

+1

Wish this existed since forever.

Cheers,
Adam

From: cmake-developers [mailto:cmake-developers-bounces at cmake.org] On Behalf Of Justin Berger
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 11:10 AM
To: cmake-developers at cmake.org
Subject: [cmake-developers] Debugger for CMake

I've made a proof of concept for a debugger integrated into CMake. The code and notes about the implementation are here:

* https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/447

It is still a work in progress and there is still a decent chunk of work to be done. The general approach works though and seems sufficient. I'd like feedback on a few things: a) Is this feature worthwhile for eventual merge into CMake? b) Is there any functionality not addressed that would make this sort of tool more useful? c) What is the best approach to make this kind of feature appealing to IDE / UI tools which currently work with CMake?

Have a good one,
Justin