[cmake-developers] COMPILE_FEATURES, Mac and non-Apple clang versions

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:41:03 EST 2017

On Tuesday January 03 2017 15:23:45 Robert Maynard wrote:

> Basically my recommendation is if a project isn't setting
> cmake_minimum_required before the first project call than nothing you
> can do will fix that, as it is an error.

The issue here is not that the minimum version was NOT being set. Apparently that isn't an issue if I set CMP0025 from the commandline. The issue was a project that requested an earlier CMake version (2.8.something) further down. Apparently that undoes the explicit CMP0025 setting, but not if I execute a cmake_minimum_required(3.0) first.

Either way, I'm getting signals from others using the build system this is about (MacPorts) to please not force a minimum required CMake version, and calling `cmake_minimum_required` in an initial cache file does not have the expected effect.

R.