[cmake-developers] COMPILE_FEATURES, Mac and non-Apple clang versions

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:49:01 EST 2017

On Tuesday January 03 2017 14:27:40 Robert Maynard wrote:

Well, that has to be set in every project, or else we'd have to write an initial cache file to be loaded with -C ...

Weird, btw: I just ran into a project that apparently wasn't satisfied with setting only CMP0025 on the commandline. It did set the minimum required version to 2.8.x but that was well after the project() definition, and it seems to be behind the scenes of that call that the compiler features are tested (judging from message(STATUS "here") probes).

Do you know what's happening there, and have any brilliant thoughts how we can prevent this without have to scan each project?