[cmake-developers] [ANNOUNCE] CMake 3.8.0-rc1 now ready for testing!

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 06:31:23 EST 2017

On 02/07/2017 07:13 PM, Robert Maynard wrote:

> * The "execute_process()" command gained an "ENCODING" option to
>    specify on Windows which encoding is used for output from child
>    process.

Introduction of the new ENCODING option changed the implicit default
output encoding which breaks existing code that relies on the output
being unmodified (in my case automated tests).
This should not have been done without a new policy.

Using "ENCODING NONE" seems to fix it in my case but requires
conditional 3.8 specific code in a project that currently has a minimum
requirement of 3.4.

Nils