[cmake-developers] Mirror CMake release files on GitHub?

Gregor Jasny gjasny at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:10:41 EST 2017

Hello,

I noticed cmake.org is quite slow on serving release files. I seldom get
more than 300KB/s. So I wonder if it would make sense to publish the
CMake release tarballs and binaries not only on cmake.org but also on
github as part of the release process. (From GitHub I currently get 9 MB/s)

There seems to be a quite nice command line utility which supports
uploading files to releases, so that process should not involve too much
effort: https://github.com/aktau/github-release

What do you think?

Thanks,
Gregor