[cmake-developers] Update on toolset Clang with Microsoft CodeGen (v140_clang_c2) debug is broken

Egor Pugin egor.pugin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 19:09:43 EDT 2017

Clang/C2 is abandoned by MS. Look for some reddit posts by STL there.
Clang/LLVM (5.0+) must be used with the VS2017(.3?) and higher. On
older versions you can easily get endless list of errors.
CMake needs to be tuned in terms of command line flags. I saw the same
issue today.
See ticket https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/17193

On 21 August 2017 at 23:16, Forumer 4umer <forumer at smartmobili.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted on 2016/05/02 about the fact that when generating Visual projects
> for clang_c2 debug was broken.
> The answer was:
>
> "Basically we need to have a different flag table for each possible
> toolset.  Also it looks like additional special handling may be
> needed for PDBs and perhaps other limitations of the Clang/C2
> toolchain."
>
> I just wanted to know if you had any progress about that ?
> I suppose that only a few people in the world are using it or need to debug
> but in my case I am wasting  too much time with this.
>
> Thanks
> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ