[cmake-developers] [Feature Request] Fortran standards compliance for various compilers

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Apr 19 16:12:32 EDT 2017

On 2017-04-19 07:27+0200 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

>> <Feature Request> What would really be useful is a list containing
>> what Fortran features from the Fortran 2003 and 2008 standards that the
>> given Fortran compiler supports.  That information is already
>
> To name the kid: this is about adding CMAKE_Fortran_KNOWN_FEATURES and
> friends, no?

I wasn't aware of CMAKE_C_KNOWN_FEATURES and CMAKE_CXX_KNOWN_FEATURES,
but now that I have looked them up, I agree adding
CMAKE_Fortran_KNOWN_FEATURES is the right way to go rather than the
generic list I proposed above.

> This exactly sounds like the whole compile_features things
> already done for C and C++, so yet another language shouldn't be too hard I
> guess.

Especially since that Fortran information is already collected in
well-organized form in on one place, namely
<http://www.fortranplus.co.uk/app/download/23704631/fortran_2003_2008_compiler_support.pdf>.

It appears we are in consensus so it is time to put this idea into the
bug tracker as a feature request.  However, when I attempted to do
that following your FAQ, I could not get access to
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/users/sign_in> with the login identity
irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca.  I have never used that bug tracker before,
but I thought at least that login identity would have be copied from
the old Mantis bugtracker.  But using my old Mantis bugtracker
password failed and clicking on "forgot password" or "Request a new
one" (which presumably should work even if gitlab does not have
irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca registered as a login identity) did not send
any e-mail response at all to the above address.  And, yes, all mail
gets through to me except that spam_bayes sorts it into the INBOX,
sb_unsure, and sb_spam folders based solely on word counts, and mail
from your gitlab bug tracker showed up at none of those places after a
~half hour wait.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin