[cmake-developers] Fwd: Feature suggestion: auto-create missing files

Charles Huet charles.huet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 14:09:11 EDT 2017

I personally really like the approach taken by FastBuild where you can
specify a folder in which the source resides, and it will take care of
compiling all the files within.

A checksum to verify if there are new files, and if not no need to
reconfigure.

This could pretty much be used with globing as well, making it a more
useful feature.

Also, I really appreciate the fact that you can't forget an old source file
by mistake (removed in the CMakeLists.txt but not on disk) this way.

Just my 2 cents.