[cmake-developers] CMake 3.7 feature freeze on 2016-10-03

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Sep 28 16:33:09 EDT 2016

On 09/12/2016 09:10 AM, Brad King wrote:
> The feature freeze in 'master' for CMake 3.7 will be on Oct 3, 2016.
> I may announce a freeze in 'next' sometime in the preceding week so
> that we can get any remaining dashboard trouble cleaned up.

In order to get 'master' ready to branch for 3.7, 'next' is now frozen
to new features.  After 3.7 is branched I'll announce when post-3.7
development in 'next' is open.

Meanwhile the following types of changes are still welcome in 'next':

* Documentation updates
* Regression fixes
* Fixes for bugs in features new to 3.7
* A few specific features that have been in progress for a while in
  their respective merge requests.  I will handle such merges to 'next'.