[cmake-developers] Linux PGI compiler missing --build-id flag by default

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 06:47:29 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I have rpm tests failing on dashboard [1]
<https://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=1&name=RunCMake.CPack_RPM&date=2016-09-22>
and it would seem that PGI compiler is missing --build-id flag by default
which can be added [2]
<http://www.pgroup.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?p=11665&sid=330354c1739f0409fd1be6878830b457>
.

Is this default behavior (missing --build-id flag) intended or simply
missing from CMake?

I'm guessing that this is a linker option (or do I also need a compiler
flag?) so how do I add it only for this compiler? Which CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID
value should I compare to or should I use a different CMake variable?

Thanks,
Domen