[cmake-developers] FastBuild Generator

Charles Huet charles.huet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 10:41:56 EDT 2016

Hi,

As some of you may know, there is a Fastbuild generator in the works, whose
development started on CMake 3.2, and was pretty much abandonned for the
past 5 months.

I took the time to rebase it on master, and while there is a lot to clean
up (and some stuff works worse that it used to because the rebase was done
hastily), I'd like for a first step review to start, so that big design
issues can be caught right now, instead of waiting for 100% of the tests to
pass before re-writing most of the code.

How does this process goes ?
Should I create a MergeRequest on gitlab ? A Pull request on GitHub ?
patches sent by mail ?
So far the code lives in
https://github.com/packadal/CMake/tree/fastbuild-master

Thanks,
Charles.

FYI as of the rebase on CMake 3.6.1, the tests results are:

94% tests passed, 25 tests failed out of 400

Label Time Summary:

Label1    =   0.66 sec (1 test)

Label2    =   0.66 sec (1 test)

Total Test time (real) = 614.33 sec

The following tests FAILED:

         37 - MSManifest (Failed)

         46 - ObjectLibrary (Failed)

         61 - Preprocess (Failed)

         62 - ExportImport (Failed)

         70 - StagingPrefix (Failed)

         79 - Module.ExternalData (Failed)

        109 - CustomCommand (Failed)

        114 - BuildDepends (Failed)

        115 - SimpleInstall (Failed)

        116 - SimpleInstall-Stage2 (Failed)

        132 - ExternalProject (Failed)

        134 - ExternalProjectLocal (Failed)

        135 - ExternalProjectUpdateSetup (Failed)

        136 - ExternalProjectUpdate (Failed)

        153 - Plugin (SEGFAULT)

        156 - SubDir (Failed)

        194 - CMakeCommands.target_link_libraries (Failed)

        226 - InterfaceLinkLibraries (Failed)

        275 - RunCMake.CMP0060 (Failed)

        277 - RunCMake.CMP0065 (Failed)

        280 - RunCMake.BuildDepends (Failed)