[cmake-developers] Current deficiencies of automoc

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Oct 20 16:24:27 EDT 2016

On 2016-10-20 15:08-0400 Brad King wrote:

> Please construct a minimal/complete example source tree/tarball
> that demonstrate the layout you'd like to have work.  That will
> be helpful in constructing such a bug report.

A minimal example illustrating the issue is a great idea.  However,
the problem is I am not much of an expert on C++ or Qt5 so reducing
the PLplot Qt5 example source code to such a minimal example is going
to be somewhat time consuming for me.  So unless someone here lends me
a hand by implementing the needed simple Qt5 source code, I first plan
to look through the many Qt5 demos accessible on the web to see if any
of them qualify in terms of no Q_OBJECT in source, but Q_OBJECT in
#included header, and as a last resort I will attempt to simplify the
PLplot Qt5 example source code. Then follow up with implementing the
CMake aspects of that simple example which should be trivial for me.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin