[cmake-developers] Is there a way in CMake to get a list of all CTest tests added with add_test?

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Tue Oct 4 05:20:03 EDT 2016

On Mo, 2016-10-03 at 14:25 -0400, Brad King wrote:
> > The list we need would thus be built up to contain all COMMAND
> > arguments to add_test that are also build targets in CMake.
>
> The list would also need to include targets mentioned in generator
> expressions such as `$<TARGET_FILE:...>`.  This will almost certainly
> be better done as a CMake feature implemented in C++.  This was actually
> an early design philosophy: do the hard stuff in C++ so that complex
> logic is not needed in CMake-language code.

Access to the list of defined tests would be nice to have in the server-mode,
too:-)

If some work is done in that direction, please keep server-mode in mind when
designing the APIs. I would love to reuse them to expose that information to
clients.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der