[cmake-developers] [Qt-creator] CMake daemon for user tools

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 04:25:24 EDT 2016

Am 24.03.2016 16:13 schrieb "Aleix Pol" <aleixpol at kde.org>:
> Hey,
> I'll be going to Berlin the weekend of the 14th May (Board meeting,
> I'll be busy during the weekend).
>
> Would it make sense for me to book one day before/after to meet and
> hack on this?

Hey Aleix,

I did already do some work on that front, trying to make the JSON API more
complete, less prone to sudden aborts (there used to be asserts that could
be triggered by user input), more consistent, and with better test
coverage. See my fork on github for details.

I am personally rather unsure about how to proceed. I can help make this
branch production/merge ready, but I do not want to maintain it
indefinitely after it is merged. It touches to many CMake internals for me
to be comfortable hacking on that code.

Currently you (Aleix), Domminik and me seem to be the only people that want
this daemon, so I guess it would make sense for us to sit together and
decide what we want, whether we can maintain it together (or where we can
get help) and then hack into that direction.

Best Regards,
Tobias