[cmake-developers] [CMake 0016029]: GHS Generator does not support LINK_FLAGS property

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Mar 22 10:29:51 EDT 2016

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
https://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=16029
Reported By:                stw_sesa
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   16029
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2016-03-22 10:29 EDT
The GHS Generator ignores the LINK_FLAGS property of targets.

It can be set with:
set_target_properties(<target> PROPERTIES LINK_FLAGS <link_flags>)

I did not test it, but other target properties are probably ignored as well. See
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.5/manual/cmake-properties.7.html#target-properties
for a complete list (for all Generators).

Steps to Reproduce:
add_executable(MyExampleApp main.cpp)
set_target_properties(MyExampleApp PROPERTIES LINK_FLAGS "--myflag")

The option "--myflag" is ignored and not added in the project file
(MyExampleApp.gpj).

Additional Information:
I've attached a patch that implements the functionality, but I'm sure it needs
some generalization and optimization to integrate it.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change