[cmake-developers] Startup Project Configuration [mantis 15578]

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Mar 18 13:31:09 EDT 2016

On 03/18/2016 12:38 PM, Taylor Braun-Jones wrote:
> Here's Davy's patch rebased against current master with a unit test
> added. Tested on Visual Studio 2013 only. Let me know if I screwed up
> the rebase. Some conflicts weren't totally obvious to me how to
> handle.

Thanks!

I decided to rename the existing test first:

 Tests: Rename RunCMake.{SolutionGlobalSections => VSSolution}
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=5c1f4da8

Then I applied the change with some minor fixups:

 VS: Add option to choose the `.sln` startup project (#15578)
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=cdfd837a

The main difference is that we now check that the named target
exists.  If not we warn and ignore the property.  I added a test
for that too.

Please check that the revised version works for you.