[cmake-developers] BUG: ALL_BUILD not added to the PREDEFINED_TARGETS_FOLDER

Petr Kmoch petr.kmoch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 03:27:46 EDT 2016

Hi Taylor,

I am afraid this behaviour is by design, so that ALL_BUILD can be the first
target in the generated solution and thus the Startup project by default.

However (speaking to the wider list audience), I would really appreciate an
option to override this "by design" behaviour. For projects which actually
use the generated solutions in the IDE for development and debugging
(instead of just building it), ALL_BUILD is useless as a startup project
anyway, and it brings an inconsistency to the Solution Explorer (not to
mention the fact that it pushes to the fore a CMake feature which is not
really necessary in VS, irritating "entrenched" Visual Studio users).

Would a patch introducing such an override option be considered acceptable?

Petr