[cmake-developers] CTest custom HTML

Charles Huet charles.huet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 03:29:14 EST 2016

Hi,

this is very interesting, but it does not fully solve the problem of not
being able to have some custom HTML sent to CDash directly.

I perused through the code to try and find a solution, and I think I have
an idea.
>From what I understand, the 'DartMeasurement' tokens are replaced with some
logic into <tr> and such.

If this were to happen in an XSLT file, that could be specified to CTest,
then not only would the current behavior for vanilla CTest/CDash remain the
same, it would be easier to maintain and make evolve as it would not
require recompilation.
On top of that, any custom behavior like ours is very easy to support, just
specify a customn XSLT sheet, and have CTest use this one instead of the
default.

Using an XSLT2  character-map would allow for the current behavior of
replacing characters like '>', '<' and other HTML-breaking things quite
easily.

Now the big difficulty in this would be to integrate XSLT2 capabilities
into CMake.
As far as I understand, CMake tries very hard to be as cross-platform as
possible in a single package, which means no hard dependencies, and any
third-party lib gets integrated into the CMake source tree (such as
cmbzip2, cmcurl, etc).

I only know of libxslt, and have no idea if it can be integrated in this
way, or how much work that would be.
Maybe there are better, lighter alternatives out there, but I am not
knowledgable in xslt libraries.

Do you think this coule be viable ?