[cmake-developers] CTest Usage

CHEVRIER, Marc marc.chevrier at sap.com
Wed Mar 9 06:22:57 EST 2016

Hi,

Is there someone able to help me regarding ctest usage with labels?

Here is the problem: I have various tests which have labels attached to them:
set_property (TEST test1 PROPERTY LABELS LABEL1)
set_property (TEST test2 PROPERTY LABELS LABEL1 LABEL2)
set_property (TEST test3 PROPERTY LABELS LABEL2)

Now, I want to be able to select tests which have labels LABEL1 AND LABEL2 attached to them. Unfortunately, the command ctest –L LABEL1 –L LABEL2 will select all the tests rather than on the test test2 (a OR is applied on the various –L options).

Is there a way to get a AND on the labels specified?
If not, I think it will be very valuable to introduce this enhancement to be able to manage labels when a lot are created. In my example the direct solution is to create LABEL3 for tests2 but it become rapidly impossible to manage a specific label per subset tests when number of labels increase.

Marc