[cmake-developers] Script to update liblzma from upstream.

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 29 10:21:02 EDT 2016

On 06/28/2016 05:24 PM, Daniel Pfeifer wrote:
> I have attached a patch that adds a script to update liblzma from
> upstream (closely modeled after the other update scripts).  I am not
> sure how these kinds of scripts need to be run.
>
> We currently have a copy of liblzma version 5.0.5. The latest version
> on the 5.0 branch is 5.0.8. Once the script is introduced, we may
> consider switching to the 5.2 branch.

I've merged an `update-libarchive` topic to `next`:

 Merge topic 'update-liblzma' into next
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=4e7bb44e

that uses your update script with minor tweaks.  First I re-imported
the existing version with it to transition the infrastructure.  I
manually edited the parent of the new import root commit to connect
to the old import branch.  Then I ran the update to 5.0.8 and
resolved the conflicts.

Once that is in `master` please look at following the pattern to
update to 5.2.2.  Just resolve conflicts on the first merge and
then follow up with changes to port back to C90 in separate commits.
See the log of the Utilities/cmliblzma directory for how this was
done before.