[cmake-developers] Script to update liblzma from upstream.

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Jun 29 09:02:29 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 23:24:22 +0200, Daniel Pfeifer wrote:
> I have attached a patch that adds a script to update liblzma from
> upstream (closely modeled after the other update scripts).  I am not
> sure how these kinds of scripts need to be run.

Thanks! Looks like Brad hadn't imported the docs for it. Here's VTK's
copy:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/ThirdParty/UPDATING.md

> +readonly ownership="liblzma upstream <xz-devel at tukaani.org>"

This should probably use kwrobot at kitware.com as the email. The oddball I
see in the repo now is libarchive. Brad, why is that not kwrobot?

> +readonly paths="
> +  src/common/sysdefs.h
> +  src/common/tuklib_integer.h
> +  src/liblzma

I'd recommend adding a trailing slash to this to indicate that it is a
directory (at least this is the style I'd have used for VTK imports had
I needed to import any directories in those I ported to use this setup).

--Ben