[cmake-developers] How to set startup project in Visual Studio

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 20:42:02 EDT 2016

One might be able to use FILE() to generate a .vcxproj.user if( NOT EXISTS )

This is a version from 2012 project.  ALL_BUILD.vcxproj.user  (it's the
default project. so it's the one i usually set, unless something clever
along these lines happened.... )

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Project ToolsVersion="4.0" xmlns="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
  <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Debug|Win32'">

<LocalDebuggerCommand>C:\General\Build\karaway\chatment\output\bin\chatment.exe</LocalDebuggerCommand>

<LocalDebuggerWorkingDirectory>C:\General\Build\karaway\chatment\output\bin</LocalDebuggerWorkingDirectory>
    <DebuggerFlavor>WindowsLocalDebugger</DebuggerFlavor>
  </PropertyGroup>
</Project>

-------------
That's not even a very large file to write the whole thing....

Another for VS14

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Project ToolsVersion="4.0" xmlns="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
  <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Debug|x64'">

<LocalDebuggerCommand>C:\General\Build\sack-x64\Debug_out\core\bin\test.json.parser.exe</LocalDebuggerCommand>
    <LocalDebuggerCommandArguments>
    </LocalDebuggerCommandArguments>

<LocalDebuggerWorkingDirectory>C:\General\Build\sack-x64\Debug_out\core\bin</LocalDebuggerWorkingDirectory>
    <DebuggerFlavor>WindowsLocalDebugger</DebuggerFlavor>
  </PropertyGroup>
</Project>

I guess there's some platform settings that will make it bigger, but done
in a

foreach( target )
  writeProjectUser( target )

shouldn't be too painful...