[cmake-developers] Questions about coding conventions

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 14 09:14:49 EDT 2016

On 06/13/2016 10:16 AM, Brad King wrote:
>> Can't `std::ifstream` and `std::ofstream` be used directly? It seams
>> that kwsys does some workarounds
>
> Yes, std::{o,f}stream can be used directly.

On second thought, std::{i,o}fstream should not be used to open files.
The cmsys::{i,o}fstream interfaces are not about compatibility, they
are about opening files on Windows using the wide character APIs by
converting from UTF-8 to UCS-2.  Sorry for the confusion.

I've reverted the std-fstream topic for now.