[cmake-developers] daemon-mode: Infrastructure

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Tue Jun 14 04:30:36 EDT 2016

PS: I think it would make perfect sense to ship the first cmake version with
included daemon-mode with a big, fat warning that the interfaces are not
finalized yet and will change in incompatible ways during the first release
cycle (or maybe two:-).

In my experience you only get the full feedback once the first release is out
and users can test it without building the code themselves. So this would
provide an opportunity to battle-harden all the daemon-mode APIs without
commiting us too early.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der