[cmake-developers] Review request: extract-cmMessenger branch

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 13 10:22:32 EDT 2016

On 06/11/2016 08:14 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Thanks for your thorough review! I think I've fixed the errors I
> introduced while rebasing now.
>
> I'm not completely certain that the gymnastics I do with the
> cmListFileBacktrace in the parser in the early commits in the branch are
> correct or appropriate.

The role of `.Pop()` on `lfbt = this->Backtrace.Pop()` is not clear.
I was not able to produce a RunCMake.Syntax test failure by removing it.

The clean-up-Parser topic currently strips the backtrace lines and some
other context from some expected test output even though the lines still
appear, such as in

  Tests/RunCMake/Syntax/UnterminatedBracket0-stderr.txt

and I think a few others.  Please restore the context lines where possible.

Overall I like the cleanup though.