[cmake-developers] Dogfooding: clang-tidy, include-what-you-use, link-what-you-use

Daniel Pfeifer daniel at pfeifer-mail.de
Sun Jun 12 17:47:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

now that we have integrated include-what-you-use, clang-tidy, and just
recently also a mechanism for link-what-you-use, it is time we start
eating our own dog food.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food

I have set up a dashboard build where all three mechanisms are enabled:

https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=4408215

The buildscript can be seen here:

https://github.com/purpleKarrot/dotfiles/blob/master/config/cmake/ci_cmake.cmake

I have already drastically reduced the number of clang-tidy warnings
in the last weeks. I am currently experimenting with
include-what-you-use and will push some changes in the coming days.
Who wants to resolve the link-what-you-use violations?

cheers, Daniel