[cmake-developers] CMake daemon-mode

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:31:17 EDT 2016

Hi Brad,

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 7:57 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 06/09/2016 09:27 AM, Brad King wrote:
>>> https://github.com/hunger/CMake/commit/bc060a44b6b2c2281ffe99815163ba02ec835dd6
>> Good. I need to review that one more deeply but should be able to integrate it.
>
> I split out some incremental commits toward that:
>
>  cmCommonTargetGenerator: De-duplicate CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE lookup
>  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=de4ee088
>
>  cmLocalGenerator: Adopt GetFrameworkFlags method
>  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=70d3bf85
>
>  cmLocalGenerator: Move GetFrameworkFlags implementation to private helper
>  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=d9613b96
>
> Please rebase on that (at least once it is in master).
>
> For the main change, please also move over AddFortranFlags, perhaps
> becoming cmLocalGenerator::GetFortranFlags.  The result should be
> that cmCommonTargetGenerator::GetFlags moves into the new
> cmLocalGenerator::GetTargetCompileFlags method except for the caching.
> That will preserve flag order for GetFlags.
>
> For the Xcode part of the changes, we cannot use the full
> GetTargetCompileFlags.  The reason is that for Xcode some of the
> flags, like the architecture settings, become .pbxproj file properties
> instead of raw flags.  It may be simplest to just drop that part of
> the change for now.  Or, we need to factor out an intermediate helper
> that can be shared by GetTargetCompileFlags and Xcode.

I did try to do the changes you requested. The branch is here:

https://github.com/hunger/CMake/commits/compileflags

Some comments on the individual commits (and a direct link):

This moves the fortran module directory creation:

https://github.com/hunger/CMake/commit/eb417fef8bd1c91041a211899a2a7984aa75774d

Next patch moves the AddFortranFlags code. This will need some careful
review, as it removes a
path conversion that were present in the original code (in two
places). I could just not figure out how
to convert in the new place.

https://github.com/hunger/CMake/commit/2d5f6c673cc8a39f8590acfc23d4a6d5af8900a7

Then I add the cmLocalGenerator::GetTargetCompileFlags method I want.

https://github.com/hunger/CMake/commit/9be6beddfe2c2eac6b61d572ee3e5131b0f0b30e

Finally I convert the Sublime generator over to the new code:

https://github.com/hunger/CMake/commit/deb0793a243c266aee00d4f6e07685a5268f3dae

As I said, the second one will need some special care during the
review. I did run all unit tests with all patches applied, and all
pass on my system.

Best Regards,
Tobias