[cmake-developers] Questions about coding conventions

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Fri Jun 10 10:16:58 EDT 2016

On Fr, 2016-06-10 at 15:30 +0200, Daniel Pfeifer wrote:
> Naming conventions: Classes are named  cmLikeThis. Member functions
> and member variables are named LikeThis. Local variables are named
> likeThis. Members are always accessed with `this->`. So far it is
> pretty consistent. But how to name free functions and macros? I have
> seen all kinds of variations.

May I asked why "this->" is used so often? I find it totally annoying to skip
this line noise all the time and I never encountered this convention before.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der