[cmake-developers] FindFreetype patch for Windows debug lib naming

Stuart Mentzer Stuart_Mentzer at objexx.com
Thu Jun 9 17:35:35 EDT 2016

On 6/9/2016 9:33 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Am 2016-06-09 15:00, schrieb Brad King:
>> On 06/08/2016 12:33 AM, Stuart Mentzer wrote:
>>> Here is a little patch that lets FindFreetype find the debug
>>> library on Windows, where it is named with a d suffix.
>>
>> Thanks.  I split the patch into two and applied:
>>
>>  FindFreetype: Factor out common find command arguments
>>  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=746a4245
>>
>>  FindFreetype: Search for a separate debug library
>>  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=6085b855
>
> This will probably not work: SLC will look for FREETYPE_LIBRARY_RELEASE, which is never set. So you will have to
>
> set(FREETYPE_LIBRARY_RELEASE ${FREETYPE_LIBRARY})
> SLC()
> unset(FREETYPE_LIBRARY_RELEASE)
>
> or something like that.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Eike
I'm a little confused here. Eike, you suggested that I shouldn't name the release variable FREETYPE_LIBRARY_RELEASE, so I changed it to FREETYPE_LIBRARY, but looking at SLC code it seems that would both work and get FREETYPE_LIBRARY set. I guess doing it the way you suggest above would also achieve the same thing but it seemed and seems more symmetric to name the release variable with _RELEASE and let SLC do its job. Anyway, I'm happy to submit the second part of the patch once it is clear what is best.

Thanks,
Stuart