[cmake-developers] Productbuild CPack generator

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 02:02:15 EDT 2016

> Does anyone here know if we have test coverage already for some cpack
> generators where we create a package, then unpack it to verify the results?

Tests/CPackComponentsDEB (Deb), Tests/CPackComponentsForAll (RPM) and tests
in Tests/RunCMake/CPack (at the moment Deb, RPM, TGZ) all verify content of
generated packages.

I intended for Tests/RunCMake/CPack to be the location of all tests for
CPack generated packages that can be verified with command line tools in a
way that you specify the type of test and if other generators have the same
capabilities they should use the same test with additional generator
specific variables in a separate file.
Unfortunately atm there are still some issues with those tests with the
most annoying being the verbosity because of:
- test should automatically cover different packaging styles [monolithic,
components, ...],
- for most tests files count and content should be the same with each
generator's Helpers.cmake providing the format (at the moment each test has
to provide special ExpectedFiles cmake script so it's too complicated to
write tests)

It's on my TODO list to extend Tests/RunCMake/CPack so hopefully I'll get
to it in the following week or two.
If you'd like to add your tests to it there is a README.txt file there that
explains how it works and how to add your own tests to it.

Regards,
Domen