[cmake-developers] Autogen subdirectories patches

Sebastian Holtermann seblist at xwmw.org
Wed Jul 27 14:07:37 EDT 2016

Am 27.07.2016 um 19:31 schrieb Ben Boeckel:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 17:49:40 +0200, Sebastian Holtermann wrote:
>> Is there an error exit function in CMake?
>> Or just exit(-1);
>
> Here's an example I found:
>
>     this->Makefile->IssueMessage(
>       cmake::INTERNAL_ERROR, "fileFound is true but FileFound is empty!");
>
> after that, it is treated as if an error occurred; this loop should
> probably be bailed from.

Unfortunately the function is called in two places of which one
does not provide a Makefile (the cmake -E call).

It is very unlikely that an invalid character appears ever
and if it does it is likely that something else is very wrong.
In the patch I sent earlier in this case cmake just drops a note
via std::cerr and calls exit(-1). IMO this is sufficient.

-Sebastian